2012年9月14日 星期五

Julia Fernandez

I was doing research about sculpture, and I found her works. Julia Fernandez just had her exhibition this May and June.

I am impressed by her painting at the beginning, the texture and visual effect is strong and interesting. When I saw her work, I wonder if they were hand- made crafts. And when I browse her personal website, she actually explores different kinds of materials, and her works are always colorful and lively, yet some of them are quiet and calm though she uses bright colors.

Here are some of her works in various media.

Naturaleza Enjaulada #1
(Caged Nature)
13"x13"x13" 
mixed media 
2010

"Explosion"(Detail)
Oil on Canvas
tryptich
8"x10"
2012

"Microcosim"
Editioned Book: Varied Print1/2
Copper Etching #1
Hahnemle paper
16"x22"
2011

Deep Ocean #1
22x30 inches 
bas-relief, hand-painted gouache
http://www.juliafernandezpol.com/home.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言